NEVER Leave your Child in a Hot Car!
- Posted on Jul 12, 2017
During the summer, skyrocketing temperatures can cause cars to get hot quickly. These hot conditions are dangerous for everyone, especially babies and children! Make sure you ACT to keep your child safe.
Avoid Heat Stroke
- Never leave a child alone in a car – even if you think you will be “just a minute”
- Always lock parked cars and trunks so kids can’t climb inside and become trappede
- Set an alarm on your phone at your child’s drop-off time, and ask the daycare to call you if your child is late or absent
- Place a purse, briefcase, or cellphone in the backseat to create a habit of looking there each time
- Dial 911 immediately if you see a child alone in a car
- Check vehicles and trunks FIRST if a child is missing
- Always take your child in with you when you run errands
Sarah Caudle, PA-C