Benefits of Baby-wearing
- Posted on Jun 28, 2017
As a new mom I have quickly learned the benefits of baby wearing! Snuggling with Cooper is amazing, but then the whole day would go by with me on the couch, holding my little one and nothing would get done. Being able to put him in a carrier is GREAT! I love the connection it allows me to have with my little boy, as well as allowing me to be productive, with my hands free!
- Studies show that babies who are routinely carried cry less.
- Closeness coupled with movement has shown to be most effective in reducing fussiness and inducing calmness in little ones.
- Having your baby in a carrier after feeding can also reduce reflux symptoms by 50% due to keeping baby up-right.
- Another study showed that moms who routinely use a baby carrier are twice as likely to successfully breastfeed.
- Keeping your baby close and in view while sleeping can reduce the risk of SIDS and increase your peace of mind.
- Carrying your baby is good for the baby’s physical, emotional, and mental development.
- Carrying improves yours and your babies muscles and posture. It is safer for parents backs, then simply carrying them in your arms.
-Sarah Caudle, PA-C