Break-up with your phone
- Posted on Apr 26, 2018
I know it’s hard to not look at your phone constantly, but we need to “break-up” with our phones so we can focus on what really matters – our children. Phones are a distraction from REAL LIFE! We need to make sure our kids memories are not of us (their parents) on our phones. Plus, we need to set a good example for our kids and limit our own “screen time” and technology usage.
Here are a few tips:
– Assign 1 location for your phone at home – you don’t have to always have your phone on you!
– Turn off all your notifications, except phone calls of course, but nothing else
– Give yourself boundaries with your phone, just like you do with your kids
– The DO NOT DISTURB button is your BEST FRIEND
– Delete the Facebook app, you can still use Facebook, but use it on your browser, you’re less likely to use it or see notifications
– Choose who you respond to and when to respond, it’s ok to not respond sometimes
– Do phone “break-ups” often. Detox for a few days. Live in the moment!
We want your parenthood and your children to feel that you are fully PRESENT!
Sarah Caudle, PA-C